lunes, 31 de mayo de 2010

An update on Piccola...

Today is Piccola's last day. Mom isn't feeling well, but, she's trying to have all the strengh that she can and trying not to think too much about tomorrow, when Piccola will have her last trip, before her journey through the Rainbow Bridge. I tell Mom that she should cry all she wants because that'll make her feel better. But I look at her eyes and I know that she's trying to be strong and trying not to cry in front of others, specially in front of Piccola. I don't know if Piccola knows, but she's calm. Mom said she's going to give Piccola a bath today, then sit with her and have a talk. Sometimes, Mom used to sit with Piccola and have talks and Piccola looked at her like she understands everything (of course, we pets know a lot more than humand can ever imagine). Now, Mom doesn't do that anymore because Piccola can't hear and doesn't pay attention to Mom when she's talking. But Mom will try it anyway. Mom will explain to Piccola her decision and how hard it has been for her to make it. She'll explain Piccola the procedure and will tell her that there's nothing to be afraid of, and that she'll be free of all pains and will not suffer any more; she'll feel like when she's sleeping. I know Piccola will understand and accept it, she trusts Mom.

6 comentarios:

  1. M & I are sitting here with leaky eyes knowing how hard it is for all of you. It's so hard - so very hard. Our thoughts & prayers will be with you for the coming days ahead. Big HUGS for all of you. It's okay to cry. We're doing it right now. Love to & your family.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Piccolo noes and mom talking to her iz rilly good. i know even tho her is deaf her will hear wat you mom sayz. Her will hear it in her heart. Peace to you an your mom an Piccolo *softpaw*

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Your mom is made the difficult decision out of love for Piccola, I hope my mom will do the same for me when I need it. Purrrsss, you and your family are in our thoughts.
    Jake the red tabby

    ResponderEliminar
  4. We are praying and purring for you my friend.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I am so sorry my friends. We purr for you all every day, but today we purr even louder for your mummy. We know how hard this will be for her.

    ResponderEliminar