miércoles, 20 de enero de 2010

iCat

Today, I asked Mom for a new cell phone, specifically an iPhone. She started to laugh so loud that I got disoriented. It was no joke! My actual cell is too old. See?

After Mom stop laughing, she told me that my request was impossible, that the monthly payment is too high and that I will not be able to use it appropriately. Who does she think she's talking with? I'm even more technologically oriented by the minute. I LOVE texting with my friends and I'm a dedicated learner of acronyms and text message jargon.

To prove it, I'm including a short list of some of those acronyms.

TXTALK= text talk

AKA= as known as
ASA= as soon as
ASAP= as soon as possible
ATB= all the best
BBFN= bye bye for now
BBW= big beautiful woman
BOL= bark out loud
BRB= be right back
CYA= see you
CUL8R= see you later
CW2CU= can't wait to see you
FWD= forward
FYI= for your information
GR8= great
IYSS= if you say so
IMHO= in my humble opinion
LOL= laugh out loud
MHOTY= my hats of to you
MOL= miau out loud
MSG= message
OIC= oh, I see
OTOH= on the other hand
OTT= over the top
PCM= please call me
PLS= please
RUOK= are you ok?
RU3= are you free?
THNQ= thank you
THX= thanks
T2UL8R= talk to you later
TMB= text me back
YTKIN2ME= Are you talking to me?
1STY= thirsty
2MORO= tomorrow
3DOM= freedom
4EVA= forever
SK8IN= skating

Here's a link of even more acronyms: http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php
Hey, I'm not responsible if you find some inadecuate words in that list.

Well, Mom, when can I expect my new iPhone?

Ola kala!

1 comentario:

  1. Wow, you know a lot of the acronyms - we don't know a lot of those! And our mom is a tech geek - why doesn't she teach us this stuff!

    We hope you get your new phone!

    ResponderEliminar