martes, 31 de agosto de 2010

I'm okey, the hurricane is gone

First of all, I want to thank all the anipals, my old friends and some new ones, that sent me a lot of purrrsss wishing me to be safe during the visit of hurricane Earl. And I want to say thank you, too, to Amy and the House of Cats for talking about me in her blog and asking her visitors to visit my blog, too.

Earl is the first hurricane that passes near Puerto Rico this year. It was a scary one because it was already a classified 4 hurricane before coming nearer. After Earl, there's another storm, Fiona, but it will not come so close- we hope.

What happened yesterday night and this morning? Well, a little while after I said goodbye on Twitter, we went out of electricity, water service went almost out, too. In the afternoon Mom allowed me to be in the garage, but at night she didn't let me out. I wanted to go to my funpark, but she said no, so I got grumpy. She wanted to sleep, but I was miaowing and acting all stressed out. So, she put a table at a side of a close window for Prince and me to see outside the house. I liked that and stayed calm the rest of the night. Prince liked it, too, and stayed there until the morning.

He even took a bath there.

But Mom was a little stressed worring about the roof of the garage that is made in aluminum; nothing happened to it.

During all night, the winds were making a lot of scary sounds and it rained a lot.

I got scared with the thunderstorms and hide under a chair. My sister Kala gets so nervous with that kind of noises that she starts to pant like crazy.

At home, we only got some fallen branches. Kala is inspecting the damages.

But around the island there were some floods, some people had to leave their homes and go to shelters and there were thousands of houses without electricity ( The worst part was at Culebra and Vieques islands, two of PR's municipalities and the two most exposed to the winds of Earl.

At home, it was raining until early in the afternoon. Then, Mom and The Other One, went out to clean the backyard; they didn't had to go to work today, everyone was free. They cancel work and classes. Me? Well, I had to stay inside all day, sleeping, until Mom cleaned the funpark, that was full of leaves and small branches. The rain already stopped and the services are back (water and electricity). Everything is normal again. Thanks for worrying about us, I appreciate it.

Ola kala!

10 comentarios:

  1. I'm so relieved to hear you are safe. Purrs to you.

  2. We are so glad you ala are safe and that Hurricane Earl is gone from your area!!
    Your TX furiends,

  3. Whew - we are all so happy you & your family are safe and only had minor damange. Those hurricane thingys aren't good at all.

  4. We are so glad that you didn't get hit too hard - the news made it sound like it would be just awful, and then they were saying Fiona would be right behind it, but now it sounds like it is going a different way, which is good! We hope that everyone who was badly affected will be ok - we know it is headed towards our east coast friends now, so it isn't over yet! Earl is kind of a jerk!

  5. Awww Pirulo and Kala! Hello there! Me and my cat Charlie are so glad to learn you are all ok. It must have been very scary but hopefully the worst is over now!

    Big purrs to you all!

    Take care

  6. I'm soooo glad you are all okay! *nosetaps*

  7. Oh, Pirulo and Kala, we are so happy that you are safe. Purrs and headbonks to you!

  8. Piru,
    I'm glad that you and your family are safe.
    Jake the red tabby

  9. So glad to know you are okay and your utilities are working again. No fun without electricity or water!

  10. We're so happy to hear that everything is okay at your house!! Hurry Canes are scary.

    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids